Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, September 15, 2007

REVIEW: MAC Lipstick in "Sparks can fly"

.



4 out of 5 stars

Back when I was in high school, I never really was a lipstick sort of a gal, lip glosses and lip pots were mostly my thing. I only owned ONE MAC Lipstick in "Folio" that my mother gave me which has been long discontinued. But I hated the taste of some lipsticks and to be honest, (I think most of it was because I associated lipsticks with what old ladies wear like my grandma, who today, STILL can pull of crimson red). I also hated how in the slightest heat or jolt, the lipstick is merely knocked off its base, causing a mess and a big headache.

Even today, as I struggle to pick a lipstick that I can be satisfied with, it's really a battle. I end up picking out more cons than pros about it and just give up. So when MAC Cosmetics came out with their "Smoke Signals" collection which included: Brew, Barely Lit, Sparks Can Fly, Mellow Flame, and Burnin', I thought why I don't I at least try ONE.

My pick: Sparks can fly

PROS: Even though I most likely would have picked Brew or Barely Lit because they are the sheerest of the bunch, I wasn't really in the mood to pay $14 just for barely-there color. I swatched Sparks can fly, and something about the soft and subtle mauve really impressed me. I actually love this color, it brings a little soft color to my lips and my complexion and isn't overpowering like the red lipstick the celebs are sporting. Paired with a shimmery lipglass (or lipgloss), it's gorgeous! There isn't a weird lipstick taste and it looks good in natural light, pictures, etc.

CONS: As with a majority of MAC lipsticks, there is zero staying power, even you gals who have the talent to eat and drink without missing a step, it still manages to wear off! But other than that, I love this lipstick!

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter