Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Vanessa Violet

.

I love, love, love the color purple! In case you haven't noticed, I do a lot of tutorials with purple because it's just such a gorgeous color! My favorite color used to be pink...but now I am more into purple or violet, golds, and browns. It changes all the time, but for now, im sticking to those colors.

Anyway, here is a quickie tutorial on the look I had yesterday...I bought a purple sweater that had silver glittery specks on it and thought id incorporate that into my makeup.

Also, I am LOVING MMBB (My Mineral Bath & Body), Lisa is so incredibly nice and helpful and she gives such generous samples of mineral eyeshadow, and I am definitely one of her frequent customers! I love "Black Emeralds" and "Highlights" which I used in this tutorial to highlight my brow bone, but I will have a post more in detail about these soon!

Enjoy!

What I used:

Eyes
- Homemade Mixing Medium
- MAC Painterly
- MMBB mineral eyeshadow in "Highlights" (good dupe for MAC Pigment in Vanilla or White)
- MAC Pigments in "Viz-a-Violet" and "Violet"
- Splash Pigments in "Purple Sponge" and "Silver"
- MAC eyeshadow in "Gentle Fumes" from the Smoke Signals Quad
- Indelible Gel Eyeliner in "Black Out"
- DiorShow Mascara

Face:
- Light Medium Golden Mineral Foundation
- MAC Blush in "DollyMix"

Lips:

- Milani Lipstick in Dolce Vita
- Sephora Lip Liner in #206
- MAC Pigment in Viz-a-Violet
- MAC Lipglass in Lightswitch

I later changed my lipstick to MAC "Snob"...

*BEAUTY TIP*:
To save space when traveling or for your purse, transfer some of your pigments to a 3 or 5 gram jar, that way you aren't carrying that big jar of pigment, because if THAT spills in your purse, that's a big mess!





Objective:










RESULT after these steps:






To get this:






(not shown) highlighted brow bone with MMBB "Highlights", a gorgeous color!

Line your eyes and apply mascara, and then line the bottom using the same colored eyeshadow...





And VOILA!

WITH FLASH:


WITHOUT FLASH:


EYES CLOSED to see detail...

3 comments

Unknown said...

I like this look…and it can easily be done with darker shades of purple for this season's smoky eye…mmm aubergine!

Hmmm I'll have to work on that for you then…Nothing too new I'm used to shipping Canadian comforts abroad. Shout out for T.O though…tis my home base and it'll take a miracle to get me to leave. But I bet you feel better about Cali when I'm slogging through a foot of slush in January.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa!

I like to foil my mineral eyeshadows and I was wondering if you could tell me what your Homemade Mixing Medium was made up of?

Also, I think your photography is exceptional and I love your clear and concise step-by-step tutorials. :)

CMH
hemmafru@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I think purple really looks just great on you! Love the way you can handle the different shades it has. :)

auto shippers

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter