Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, January 19, 2008

FOTD: Spunky Pink

.

Wow! Looks like many of you ladies are in search of a GPS! haha, some of you asked me which portable GPS I have, it's the GARMIN NUVI 350, and it comes with its own carrying case, the BF knows I get lost all the time, so I was really happy he got it for me a couple of Christmas's ago...and yes, I DO love hand helds and gadgets! I don't know why but I am really into electronics and games, glad you ladies pointed that out from "What's in my purse". And I do love the iPhone! It's the best phone i've had, it's really a one-stop shop for me, I can check weather, maps, email, go online, watch YouTube, ALL on it! So it's my "window to the outside world". I had a T-Mobile MDA phone before, and it was cool for a hot minute, but then I never got reception and couldn't go on certain websites.

Anyway, I did a look today with luscious pink lips because I was itching to do a FOTD using the Lancome Lipgloss in "Seashell" I just got, I am in love with that gloss! It's super pretty, yet the perfect pink and sheer at the same time! I can't wait to pair it with the "Desert Pink" lipstick I am waiting to get!

I kept the eyes REALLY, REALLY neutral, using "Provence" pigment and two eyeshadows, and I played up the cheeks with Milani Blush in "Cherries on Top" to match the lips.







MAC l/s in "Up the Amp", with Lancome Lipgloss in "Seashell"


What I used:

Face:
- Camellia Rose Skin Soothing Primer (love this stuff! review coming soon!)
- MadMinerals "Medium Golden" Mineral Foundation

Cheeks:

- Milani Blush in "Cherries on Top"

Eyes:
- MAC Paint Pot in "Soft Ochre" as base all over lid
- MAC "Provence" Pigment all over the lid
- Milani e/s in "Almondine" on lower half of the lid just above the crease
- MAC e/s in "Patina" (my favorite neutral eyeshadow) on outer-V and contour
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black
- Covergirl LashBlast Mascara
- NYC eyebrow set

Lips:
- MAC lipstick in "Up the Amp"
- Lancome Lipgloss in "Seashell"

Also, Aquadisiac wanted to see swatches of the Jane Blush in "Blushing Earth" and the Milani "Luminous" Blush as I found them to be strikingly similar...the Jane blush was more shimmery and peachy, and "Luminous" had a slight shimmer but more of a salmon pink/peach.

23 comments

✞ANGELA✞ said...

GORGEOUS LOOK!I LUV IT VE~RY MUCH.
YOU LOOK SO CUTE IN THE 1ST PIC.

Katleen said...

I LOVE IT! hahaha
and the LIPS>>haha its so "barbie"
your so pretty as ever! i love the eyes ^_^

mayaari said...

this is such a pretty look - love the simple eye makeup, it really does compliment your lips. and I love the shirt you're wearing...forever 21?

Ginny said...

Very Nice! I love the pink lips. I don't think I can pull that off like you. Lovely!!!

I love gadgets and games also!! I have been meaning on the getting a iphone, I would love but it's so pricey still.

I the MACBook Air just came out the other day, I would love to have that!

But again, lovely fotd. They all are!

nilla cookie said...

Vanessa, I LOVE the pink on you! Isn't that lipgloss the cutest? It's one of my new favorites!!

It was rainy and dreary in SF last week and when I wore it to work, it just made me feel like the sun was out and spring was here!

m said...

So cute! I love the cat eye! You rock the fuschia lipcolor so well. Thanks for swatching the blushes... I'll definitely have to go with Luminous because the Jane blush is so glittery.

Decorating my apt is still a work in progress. It needs accessories! So far, all we have are the basics. I'm almost hesitant to spend more money on decorations because I know we'll be moving again in a year. But I'll def share pics with you soon :) Have a great weekend!

May

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

So cute sis! Spunky indeed :)

(g)ezebel said...

oh. my. god. i am sooo jealous that you can wear hot pink lipstick and look gorgeous in it! i loooove hot pink, but i simply cannot pull of the hot pink lipstick. *pouts*

Elizabeth said...

loving the lips you rock bright color lips off really well!!

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

woo hooo! Nessa's so sexy. :D *whistles* haha. :D

Anonymous said...

your sooo pretty! i loooove hotpink lips its cute with an edgy attitude~ :)

na said...

I love the eyes! It's such a simple, yet good look. :)

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

nessa love, you look hot and this is a hot look. :] LOVE the lipgloss on you and the contacts make your eyes pop. LOVE it. :D

Anonymous said...

:) oh wow, I really like this one! good job! I love your site, it is incredibly helpful and I haven't commented before but I just had to tell you how much I love this look!

Stephanie said...

Hey Nessa! Love the hot pink!! Looking good as always! =) I was reading your previous posts and I also bought a new suitcase!! Good deals are hard to turn down! hehe.. Hope you had a good weekend! ttyl!

Anonymous said...

that is the hottest pink i've ever seen on lips. i think i might stop by m.a.c. real soon..

Anonymous said...

That's a great look! You're lips are very much accentuated with the very neutral/light colors you used on your eyes. Lovely as usual.

Oh and judging from the stuff in your purse I can say that you really really really like/love your bf. Did I say really? REALLY?! =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa!
I hope this comment doesn't get lost amongst your other comments b/c I just wanted to share with you that CVS is having a sale on the Maybelline Minerals that you talked about! If you buy a mineral foundation you get a mineral powder, concealer, or blush FREE! so basically it's 2 for about $10 instead of $10 each! Of course after reading your review on it, I went to get it and was lucky enough to spot this deal so I just wanted to pass it along to you and your readers. =)
Come check out my page when you get a chance. Thanks for motivating me to share beauty information with others! =)

Distinque said...

Look the lips in this pic. I wish I can pull that color off but I have chocho lips lol. :P

L said...

you're gorgeous!

Vanessa said...

Angela- Thank you!

Kai- HAHA thanks, I love Barbie! LOL, Barbie loves MAC!

Mayaari- Thanks hon! I got the shirt from WetSeal, haha although it DOES look like a Forever21 shirt!

Thanks Gin! oOoh I saw previews of the MACBook Air, I like!

Aquadisia- Thank you! Can't wait to see pics of your place! I need some inspiration! LOL

Lynne- Gotta love us spunky sistas!

Gezebel- Aww thanks lovely! I am sure you can pull off hot pink lipstick too! Try it out!

Elizabeth- Thank you! Whew! I am glad I pulled it off haha I usually hate wearing lipsticks in general that are bit "out there", but I thought id be brave! LOL

Heekyung- Thank you very much! You are so sweet! I love a edgy-ness!

Emilee- Thank you! Yeah I think I enjoyed natural/neutral eyes for once!

Thanks Christiana!

Anonymous- Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it!

Steph- I know what you mean! It''s really hard to pass up a steal of a deal! hope you had a wonderful weekend too!

LS- hahahaha thanks girl! you are so funny! Yup! I really love the BF I guess, I have him everywhere!

Tokyostargirl- Thanks for the heads up! I love CVS!

Lisa- Thank you lovely! You are gorgeous as well!

psychoexgirlfriend said...

I absolutely love this lip combination! I just may run out and buy it next week. Plus your puckering picture is so cute!

MakeupByRenRen said...

hey honey bunny, i love this look...for some reason it's very french to me...maybe it's the eyes...but I loveeee hot pink lips! all i have so far is barbie pink lipgloss from nyx but I need to upgrade!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter