Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Update.

.

I am working with my web designer to make this site look more snazzy as well as making navigation much easier. I no longer will be on blogspot, as www.nessasarymakeup.com will officially be an actual site, rather than hosted by blogger.com. This move will allow me to be more in control of things as well as add more beneficial features, maybe even a forum or a chat place where you readers can all get to know each other!

So I am very excited! There will be comment forms now, so you gals can put a name down and I can get to know you all little by little. I know many of you readers who leave comments under "Anonymous" are super sweet and I really do appreciate you ladies who let me just be me and respect my thoughts and ramblings. There are many great beauty blogs out there and I just want to re-iterate that many of us do it because we have a love for makeup, skincare, etc. And it's just another resource in helping you gals with swatches, makeup tips, tutorials, looks, ideas, etc., so even if you DISAGREE with what is said in my blog, or even other blogs, keep in mind that it's a BLOG, and the things I say are just based on my personal experience or perspectives.

I started this blog, because as a consumer, I found it very hard to find products online or in person that I was interested in buying. I need to see things before I purchase them, so I wanted to see colors, swatches, reviews, etc, and I would scour the internet for information and could never find it. So by creating my own blog, I can help others who are new to makeup, makeup challenged, or the makeup addicts who want to know what new collections are coming out. It's also a way for me to track some of my favorite fotd's and help me remember what I used.

I am slowly (but surely) recovering from my slight bout of carpal tunnel in which my pinky and ring finger were causing me tremendous pain (most of my day is spent on a computer since I work for an internet company), so I am typing for 9 hours at work, then go home only to type away again, so basically my hands never get a break and now I am paying the price. :(

Getting my hair re-dyed next Wednesday! Either a medium or dark brown...

Anyway, here is just another update of things to come, since most of you voted a lot in finding your "holy grail" of an item in skincare products, I will be focusing on those as well:

[no particular order]
- Moisturizers- What i've tried, what didn't work, what did...
- Re-visit NYX Ultra Pearl Mania (loose powdered eyeshadows) since some of you have been asking me about these
- Mascaras- What i've tried, what didn't work, what did...
- DUPE LIST!!!! The moment you've all been waiting for, I am tallying up some of the ones I received and should have it done soon!
- More vids...

I know some of you emailed me some reader questions, I will try and post some here and of course reply to you soon! It's been hectic keeping up with everyone and everything, esp. since I only have 8 working fingers....LOL. But I appreciate your patience as always!

19 comments

Aiz said...

Congrats on getting your own domain!
Well thanks for all the tips you've shared with us girls!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Good for you sis! I'm right behind ya :)

Taryn said...

I'm happy to hear this! I found your blog from the Muse and have been transfixed since. Your NYX posts and FOTDs are my favorites. I used to be able to get NYX at my local Eckerd Drug but since Rite Aid bought them out, they got rid of the line. :( So I order from their site or Cherryculture instead, but seeing the swatches really helps me.

Keep up the great work! You are so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

i wish you couldve went with me to CCO, but you were at work. don't worry I was thinking of you while I was there :) but seriously we need to make a trip there together. haha.


question? are you gon be able to transfer your entries to your new domain??

Anonymous said...

I discovered your site last week and am IN LOVE. I appreciate the fact that you help those of us make-up challenged, LOL. It's great that you try and use some drug-store cosmetics as the high enders can get quite pricey! Thanks so much for all of your time and help!

mayaari said...

that's awesome - looking forward to seeing your new site in the future! hope you recover from the carpal tunnel quickly :)

Xuanie said...

hello Vanessa,
i love your blog, and now im excited for your own website.. i bet it will be great.. i just signed up for a blog and just getting familiar with this site.. so i hope you stop by mines and give me a lil supoort! thnks for all the great advice and such!!

Anonymous said...

tricia said



yay for you cannot wait, I am sure it will be great. about being Anonymous, I agree but the only reason why I am is because i do not have an account.

alien man?! said...

Vanessa, I am so excited about your new site! I can't wait to see it! Finally! America gets a jeban~ WOOT

PS Sucks about ur carpal tunnel :( Please be well!!!

NeverLoseFaith said...

Hey girl!
First of all, congrats on the new site! I am super excited about it!
Secondly, I just noticed that you and my brother have the same birthday :) lol
-valerie

Jaclyn Rose said...

hey nessa, LOVE your blog, you re-kindled or even deepened my love for make-up and because of your site and all the links to the other beauty/make-up bloggers, it has helped me tremendously in understanding this intricate process of beautifying ourselves. i am one of the many that do appreciate what you have to say and how much time and effort you put into this. love ya girl! keep up the good work!

nilla cookie said...

I can't wait to see your new site! It's going to be so fabulous as you always are! :)

And I hope your hands get better!! Rest up a bit - we'll be right here when you get back!

Vanessa said...

Pheleen, Lynne, Lilan, Alienman, Tricia-, all of you lovely gals, thank you! I am just as excited too!

Taryn- Thank you very much for the support and kind words, I really appreciate it and it means a lot, I am really glad you are enjoying the site!

Anne- Haha, yeah too bad I had to work! But yes next time let's make a trip to CCO! And yes i'll be able to transfer all my old blog entries to the new site!

Krstyl- Thank you! Glad you like the site, I love drugstore brands just as much!

Mayaari and AlienMan Thank you for the well wishes, its getting better little by little!

Xuanie- Thank you girl for the support! I will definitely stop by your blog, glad you found some inspiration in starting one yourself!

Tricia Thank you for saying hello! I love anonymous people! :)


Valerie- Thank you! I am excited about it too, i am hoping it will be done soon! And WOW sam birthday!?? That's awesome! Gemini's are cool! LOL.

Hi Jacklyn! Hello mamasita! Good to hear from you, miss ya, thanks for the kind and supportive words and for taking the time to say hello, I really appreciate it and it means a lot. Thank you, im glad you can find the site useful!

Anonymous said...

This is the 1rst time I'm writing something but I religiously read your blog everyday!!!
I cannot thank enough!!! Your blog is brilliant & you're just GORGEOUS!

Take care ;)

L said...

YAY! aren't you stoked?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the updates I check your page everyday. Your awesome for investing so much time and energy into the site!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Vanessa! Will surely be following and supporting you whichever direction you take.

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

woo hoo! congrats on getting your own domain sis! glad you're doing it big. :D yay! i'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR SITE!
love love love! im a makeup dud before but thanks to you, I'm not anymore! keep it up sister!
from your sistah in manila,
cristine :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter