Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Look- Bare, Minimalist Look

.

Ladies, I know as much as we love makeup, there are days where we simply don't have the time to primp ourselves, or because we just want something simple, classic, and natural.

I did a look long time ago for a shoot, and although I was offered a makeup artist, I opted out and wanted to do it myself...there are only a couple of makeup artists I actually trust, one of them being makeup vixen Katie B. She knows exactly what I want, or what look would suit me best. But for this particular shoot which was just headshots, I wanted something that wouldn't be too much, something natural.

So this look was super easy and I think it's great for wearing to school, work, and switching it up at night to a sultry, smoky look by just adding eyeliner on the lower lashline and smudging it. (my hair was burgundy/deep purple at the time despite the fact it looks dark brown in this pic...and VERY healthy because that's when I WAS taking care of it, lol)

The lips of course are also prominent, and very natural. And what's better? I used ALL DRUGSTORE brands for this look!



What I used:

Face:
-I believe it was Maybelline's Dream Matte Mouse at the time (don't remember the shade, I think it was like a creamy natural)

Cheeks:
- Revlon Blush in "Blushed"

Eyes:

- Revlon eyeshadow in "White Whisper"
- Isadora eyeshadow palette (don't remember the name) but it was a dark gray color, so you can improvise :)
- Milani Quad in "Earthy Delights" (the antique gold color)
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner in "Blackest Black"
- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in "Blackest Black"
- Revlon Colorstay Pencil eyeliner in "Black" smudged a bit on lower lashline
- Eyebrows: Sephora Pencil

Lips:
- Concealed lips with concealer
- Sephora Lip Pencil #206
- Neutrogena Lipgloss in "Coy"

**EDIT** someone commented saying it was not a natural look, but the title of this post also includes MINIMALIST, meaning comparative to other looks i've done, this is quite subdued, MINIMAL, and soft. This look doesn't take long, and many of the things I have used are optional (as all the other looks i've), so you can substitute things or not line the lowerlashline, whichever you desire, I just listed what I used for this particular look. Natural is organic, hence meaning NO MAKEUP at ALL (and if that were the case then there would be no need for a makeup blog, therefore a natural LOOK consists of very light makeup application and little effort to LOOK natural). :)

14 comments

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

Sexy momma! :D I love the whole covering one eye thing you got going on too, adds onto the sultryness. :D

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous. However, I would not call this a natural look.

Vanessa said...

Christiana- Thanks sis!

Anonymous- Thanks, but that's the reason I called it minimalist as well, compared to other looks i've done, this is comparatively quite a simple, softer look, since there are no contrasting tones.

MakeupByRenRen said...

Pretty! I would agree that this is definitely a softer look, it doesn't look like a lot of products either. When i've tried doing a nude look before ppl have also told me that a nude look is supposed to be no makeup...and I was like hmmm yah, if only, lol. It takes skill to make a look where it looks light like this one. Anywho, you look like Jessica Rabbit in this picture...all you need is the red dress :)

Anonymous said...

Love this look! I'm going to add some glittery eyeliner and use it for Valentine's :D

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

It is definitely a versatile look. Me loves! And your hair looks super healthy in here!!

(g)ezebel said...

i confess that it wasn't til i spotted the mole by your lip that i didn't realize this sultry chick was YOU..!! very hot!!

Anonymous said...

i looove your lips~ this look is soo timeless! very nice and classy

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Lovely, this look suits you well. I think it's because you have such pretty eyes. Minimal makeup for me - when I'm in a rush - is usually mascara, a nude lipstick and a pop of colour on my cheeks.

✞ANGELA✞ said...

gorgeous look~~~~ o^v^0
love ur hair~~

L said...

i love this look. you're so pretty!!

Bliss said...

Loving the look on you, especially the lip colour, i can only wish, i could carry that colour as well as you do.

Anonymous said...

You know Katie B too?? She did my makeup for my 18th birthday party, and she's amazing! I love that you love her too <3 And I love your makeup!

You're simply gorg (:

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

that's a bloody yummilicious photo of you! looks like something out of a magazine...

especially love the nude lips.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter