Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, January 6, 2008

FOTD & Tutorial- "Eyepopping" Green and VIDEO: Using the MAC Sculpt & Shape Duo Compact

.

Here is another fotd/tutorial I did yesterday using Urban Decay's "Graffiti" eyeshadow as well as two of my favorite C-Shock eyeshadows, "Eyepopping" and "Wondergrass". Again I used the Maybelline Liquid Mineral Foundation UNDER my mineral powder foundation and loved the result!

I also included a VIDEO by reader request using the MAC Sculpt & Shape DUO Compact (even though it's pretty much the same steps as the contouring video, but I showed application using the #138 brush)which I got in addition to my PRO Powder that I already have in "Sculpt", but I bought the "Accentuate/Sculpt" compact. **Sorry about the poor video quality, I was using my macbook camera and it sucks...

Enjoy!





What I used:


Face:

- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- Maybelline Liquid Mineral Foundation in "Creamy Natural"
- MMBB Mineral Powder Foundation in "Medium Beige"

Cheeks:

- ULTA Blush in "Tender"
- MAC S&S Powder for contouring

Eyes:

- MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly" (all over the lid)
- MAC e/s in "Eyepopping" (inner corners)
- Urban Decay e/s in "Graffiti" (middle of the lid)
- MAC e/s in "Wondergrass" (outer-V)
- MMBB "Highlight" as highlight
- MAC Fluidline in "Nightfish"
- Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara

Lips:
- MAC lipstick in "Up the Amp"
- NYC Lipgloss in "Iced Orchid"







And then highlight!



To get this!


Then just line and apply mascara!



And the lipstick...


16 comments

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

great video! :] and the colors you used for your FOTD are gorgeousss! :] that lipstick looks gorgeous on you and you know, green goes really well with your complexion. then again... i haven't seen a bad color on you yet. :P

Vanessa said...

Thanks Chris! I should have used the video on our camera! haha, totally forgot! I am so into greens and yellows lately so I totally love the shades I used, they are just perfect not too overpowering in person...thanks again love! :)

Anonymous said...

i'm at work so i couldn't look at the video, so i'm unsure if you said it on there or not.

...but what brushes did you use to apply the shadow? i don't think my brushes pick up enough product!

thanks!!

LynaV said...

gorgeous as always vanessa! :) loove the lips in this one! i want that ls!!! :D

Vanessa said...

Hi Kelly- I used both Essence of Beauty brushes and Sonia Kushuk brushes, to apply hepcat I used the bigger crease brush from EoB.

MakeupByRenRen said...

hey sis! wonderful video! Yay for Nessa in videos! I went to MAC yesteday and almost got that brush but got confused, lol...I thought the brush was smaller for some reason and left with an eyeshadow brush ha ha....love that hepcat look by the way, it's hot!

Stephie said...

ate i loved the video, i'm going to buy the brush and powder now... although my bank account is hating you :D hehehe its so nice seeing you on camera, i can't wait to see you in LA!!!! love you <3

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa! I think you're gorgeous! I greatly admire your makeup skills :)

I have a question for you, I hope you don't mind me asking. Do you apply concealer before or after your foundation is applied?

I normally apply before I put on foundation, but I hear a few people apply after. I've talked to one of the MUA at the MAC store & they told me that if I tried to apply concealer after my foundation, I'll end up with a grey color under my eyes. I tried applying concealer after my foundation & I ended up with a grey color underneath my eyes & everywhere else I put concealer on.

Thank you for your time!

Email: tifa_lockheart87@hotmail.com

Vanessa said...

Awwww Sis Ren! haha you are so cute, im sorry you ended up getting the smaller brush instead. Let me know how you like hepcat!

Stephie! I miss you sis! Yes let's go shopping in LA! Let's go broke TOGETHER! HAHA sorry I am an "enabler" LOL.

Lili- How are you? Thank you so much for the kind words! You are so sweet! :)

I apply concealer BEFORE my foundation as my concealer is a shade lighter than me, also because it's just weird to me to put it over your foundation as you may have two different shades going on, the foundation basically provides coverage over the concealer so you have one shade on your face.

Hope that helps!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

you're so cute sis! nice video. i can't believe how soft that brush is!! i kept on petting it when i was at the store, lol.

shuzhen1994 said...

Hi =)
I have heard that Loreal's H.I.P eye shadow has the same pigmentation as Mac eyeshadows... I was wondering if you know if this is true or not?

yummy411 said...

oooh! you used my fav 'up the amp' l/s!!!

yummy411 said...

nessa! you are so gorg, but can i tell you that the brush is sexy hot! (i know we've talked about this before) LOL! great tut! someone talked me out of the scuplt and shape powder but now i'm rethinking because i like the subtlty of the powders...............

d0rksta said...

aww I wish I have your lips! I tried on "Up The Amp" lipstick and it was more purple on me /:

Allie said...

Wow I LOVE your top in this video and, as usual, you makeup is amazing!

EsteeDarla said...

So pretty colors you choose

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter