Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, January 6, 2008

FOTD/Tutorial- Hot Hepcat

.

Thank you to all you ladies who left comments on my last post, especially to you new readers to my blog, thanks for taking the time to say "hello" as I do love getting to know all of you! Seems like a lot of people have the CANON SD750, it IS indeed a good camera, glad you gals let me know how you like it!

Here is a tutorial on the "Hot Hepcat" look I did last year (weird to say that lol), I also used the Maybelline Liquid Mineral foundation under my mineral powder foundation which gave an awesome airbrushed look that lasted. And yes using my NEW camera! Yay! I also have another FOTD where you will probably have a better look at the Maybelline liquid foundation.

I also used my new lipstick in "Up The Amp" which I bought using a giftcard from Christmas! It's a gorgeous Fuchsia color...



What I used:


Face:
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- Maybelline Liquid Mineral Foundation (over the primer)
- MMBB Mineral Liquid Foundation in "Medium Beige"

Cheeks:
- Valerie Minerals Blush in "Coquette"
- MAC Sculpt and Shape Powder

Eyes:
- MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly"
- MAC Shadestick in "Crimsonaire"
- MAC e/s in "Hepcat" (lower half of the lid just above the crease over Crimsonaire shadestick)
- MAC Pigment in "Pink Mauve" (optional for shimmer, didn't use it on this fotd)
- MAC e/s in "Knight Divine" and "Silver Ring" (on outer-V and contour)
- MAC e/s in "Nocturnelle"in between hepcat and outer-V
- Indelible Gel Eyeliner in "Black Out"
- Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara

Lips:
- Laura Geller Lip Spackle
- MAC lipstick in "Up the Amp"











I also got my ULTA Haul, Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Facial Wash, TREsemme hot oil for the hair (with this weather being so dry my hair is taking a beating, so this hot oil brings it back to life!), and 3 ULTA blushes in "Fame", "Tender", and "Brocade", and an ULTA eyeshadow in "Radiant" which was part of their Buy 2 get 2 free promo.



15 comments

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

Wow, hepcat is a GORGEOUS shade. :] thanks for this tut, i'll have to try it out. you look pretty as always nessa. :D nice haulage!!! :] Hehe.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

And HOT IT IS!! Love the cheek action you got going on too.

Btw, do you do any additional spreading of the shadestick after you apply it? Like pat it over with a brush?

watercoloursky said...

your blending looks amazing as usual! i'm curious about the Tresemme hot oil, is that very effective?

Anonymous said...

i love your eyelashes! they always look thick and lush. do u curl them before mascara?

Katleen said...

wow..this look is so..pretty^_^
i love how you blend your e/s i wish i can do that..hahaha

mailodie247 said...

hey! i've been a silent reader, and i just love your entries! :)

i was wondering which shade of Sculpt & Shape powder you used?

Krystle said...

Hey Vanessa! Thanks for the comment! I am not really into photography like you are, but could you give out tips to taking better pictures (not makeup since I saw those tips) in general? Also you probably have tons of memory cards already and I don't know if this fits your needs, but Best Buy has a sale right now on a 2GB San Disk SD.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=MJFB3AAT0PKXBKC4D3OVAHY?skuId=7640699&st=san+disk&type=product&id=1134698297631

Unknown said...

hey mama! finally did a tutorial on my fave look!!


anyways, we might have to reschedule our dinner date at a later day this week. i'm still in pain after getting my braces yesterday. I wanna be able to chew and enjoy the food and not look incredibly awkward while doing it too. but geez it's been ages since we last chatted. i miss you!

Anonymous said...

Are you planning on entering the MAC Originals contest? I'd love to see your look

BTW This is definitely my favorite eye color I've seen from you...the dark pinkish shades are sooo pretty

Vanessa said...

Hey Chris! Thanks love! Yeah hepcat must be one of my favorite eyeshadow colors by MAC...anything with purple/pink in it! HAHA

Lynne- Thanks sis! With the shadesticks I just apply it as is, stick and all, and that's about it, sometimes I'll use my finger to "spread" it if it gets cakey in one spot, but for the most part I just apply it as is and it's usually good to go for me. :)

Arashi- I love the Tresemme hot oils, but I like the Vo5 one better because it really gets the job done. I have really long hair so sometimes it takes a beating but these oild really do work for me and brings back all the moisture that was lost, you should definitely try it out!

Anonymous- No I don't curl my lashes because im too lazy and sometimes it just takes too long lol, so I just apply mascara straight on.

KaiKai- Thank you! I am sure you can do it too just takes a lot of patience and practice!

Melody- Hi Melody! Thanks for the comment and it's nice to "meet" ya! I used the "accentuate & sculpt" powder...

Anne! Awww honey im sorry about your braces, my sis got them years ago and boy was she in pain! LOL. That's fine we can re-schedule let me know when u are free, gosh I miss you too! I feel like I haven't talked to you in years! LOL...

Brittni- Thank you! I don't know about entering the contest just yet...maybe!

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Hey Vanessa, Hep Cat looks awesome on you! It was one of my first MAC eyeshadows. But I eventually swapped it away on MUA because I didn't like the reddish tones near my eye. I also have Up the Amp and I love it! You look great. The monochromatic look looks great on you.

Karen said...

Very pretty Vanessa!

Enjoy your haul - looks like fun, especially the shadows! :)

na said...

Very pretty! And your lashes are to die for. :)

Vanessa said...

Thanks exgf, Karen, and Emilee! *blushes* y'all are so sweet!

MakeupByRenRen said...

i'm so running to MAC and getting amp, thanks once again :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter