Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, January 24, 2008

FOTD & Tutorial: NYX's "Aquamarine"

.

I was supposed to post this last night, but I had dinner with the in-laws and the BF and I did tons of driving yesterday so we were pooped nonetheless, he said I must have been tired because as soon as my head hit the pillow I was knocked out!

So reader Achara requested this FOTD using only the NYX Eyeshadow Trio in "Aquamarine". I was really tempted to use some of my Pure Luxe eyeshadows, but I wanted to strictly stick to her request of just using the Aquamarine and nothing else.

I didn't really like it because I don't really like blue...lol. And for some reason blue eyeshadow reminds me of Mimi (The Drew Carey Show), so I rarely do blue eyes that's as bright as these.



One thing I noticed about the NYX eyeshadow trios, is that most of them are in order of gradient, meaning that the lightest color is on the very left, medium in the middle, and darkest color on the very right. Also, many of them go together to achieve one look.



I also bought a new bag! I bought it at some hole in the wall store...now onto the FOTD!










What I used:


Face:

- Camellia Rose Skin Soothing Primer
- Silk Naturals Mineral Foundation

Cheeks:

- Jordana Blush in "Stardust"
- Jane Blush in "Blushing Earth"

Eyes:

- MAC Paint Pot in "Soft Ochre" (as base all over the lid)
- NYX eyeshadow Trio in "Aquamarine"
- MYX eyeshadow Trio in "Ultra Chic" (the white shimmery eyeshadow as highlight)
- AVON Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Surf" (aqua blue) on lower lashline
- Nixie Liquid Eyeliner
- Covergirl LashBlast

Lips:

- MAC "Snob" Lipstick
- MAC 3D Lipglass in "Lightswitch"









To get this:


Then BLEND!


Highlight:


Should look like this:


Line and apply mascara! I used AVON Eye Pencil in "Surf" on the lowerlashline

10 comments

Ethereal Prey said...

zomg! I have the same trio! I tried using it and it came out horrible on me. Thanks for the tut! Now I have a chance at using it! :) Thanks! :)

d0rksta said...

When you mentioned my name... I really thought you were talking about me! haha. BTW... you look so pretty in blue! (:

MakeupByRenRen said...

lol awww i dont think you look like mimi at all! maybe her pretty much younger adopted sister...you did a good job sticking to the nyx trio...nessa conquers again! he he, ciao bella

nilla cookie said...

Love the blue! I'm going to try this with my new Spirited HIP duo I just bought. But, I think I'll need to pick up some colored eye pencils to help me achieve your looks :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about the Mimi thing... that's why I can't convince myself to like Parrot no matter how much people love it :/ Anyhow, it still looks very pretty on you regardless Mimi, and the color looks really nice in the pan.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

The bold makeup thought ran across my brain last week and I soo thought of Mimi!! Lol. What a character huh?

I think blues on you still look gorgeous, but you are the definite purple gal.

mayaari said...

ah Mimi...she's a makeup don't, haha. I like this look, and the colors, but I think darker blues seem to work better in general. Your green and purple FOTDs always get me to think about color combos :)

Jaclyn Rose said...

haha... blues remind me of mimi too, my hub always tells me 'you remind me of that lady from the drew carey show' whenever i wear blues.... LOL

s said...

Blue is beautiful on you. Its so happy and sultry at the same time. MIMI wishes she looked like ya'llz! haha!

(g)ezebel said...

even on your worst day, you could NEVER look like Mimi!! i think the bright blue looks fantastic on you. just think of it as the polar opposite, but same vibrancy, as those wonderful bright pinks you already look great in!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter