Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Product Review- Tree Hut Coconut Lime Body Scrub

.

Price: 5 out 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5

With this dry, cold winter season, my skin has taken a beating! All the moisture has been sucked out of my skin causing me to be itchy all over. And instead of just using the body oil in the shower, I have taken a liking to "Tree Hut's Body Scrub in Coconut and Lime". (Available at Wal-Mart, $6)

What I love about it:
I LOVE the SMELL! At first I was like "Ewww! Coconut AND Lime...together?!" But it smells so yummy! I feel like I am on the islands when I use this stuff. The packaging is wonderful, comes in a nice big sturdy plastic jar and its big enough to get your hands in there for easy application. It feel so wonderful on your skin, and after the shower I really felt that my skin was a lot more suppler, smooth, and soft! All the lost moisture has returned! When I reached my hand in the jar for the first time, it felt really nice, reminded me of that play-doh/putty like mess called "FLOAM", anyone remember that??! Feels like that....

What I didn't like about it: Nothing really, however be careful not to put TOO much as the microbeads tend to hurt after awhile. But that's with all scrubs pretty much...

Overall: I love it! I would definitely re-purchase it and stock up on it. It's a nice mini-spa in the shower and definitely brings your dry, irritate skin back to life!

12 comments

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

I have this lotion from Bath & Body works that has Coconut and Lime and it's my FAVORITE. I'm so glad this is available at Wal-Mart. Yay! I almost freaked out this morning because I decided not to put moisturizer on my face to just see how much my skin has improved and it was kind of dry. But I realize it's due to the cold because my skin overall still felt supple. Did you ever get the Lemongrass Cleanser? I really want to smell that one. I'm a sucker for citrus anything.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how well it works on feet... I'm always afraid with putting scrubs on my face as it gets irritated quite easily and will take the skin right off if I scrub too hard, but I LOVE coconut lime smells - especially Bath & Body Works coconut lime verbena hand wash....it's the best:)

Viii小公主 said...

Hi Vanessa =))
I've been reading your blog for quite some time, and I've learnt alot from you! Thank you very much! I have a question... is New York Color (NYC) and NYX cosmetics the same thing? Because I live in Canada, and only NYC is available, but I'm interested in NYX ones but I've never seen them around here. Thank you for your help =))

nilla cookie said...

Coconut Lime sounds like a DIVINE combination to me! Anything that reminds me of the tropics or my week in Turks & Caicos would be a-ok with me!

Anonymous said...

what section is this on at wal-mart?

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog. The tutorials and videos are fantastic. I know you have a full time job, so I really appreciate you taking the time to maintain this blog.

Also, thanks for posting this review! Cold weather has been horrible to my skin, so I look forward to trying this out.

MakeupByRenRen said...

oh i'll definitely try this! i have super itchy dry skin too :(

do you use this on your face as well as body?

Karen said...

yey, great haul! Can't wait to hear about the Maybelline foundation, now you've got me very curious about it.

Have a good weekend, Vanessa!

Fei said...

Loooooove body scrubs. Aside from smoothing out skin roughness... I just feel cleaner!

Vanessa said...

Anonymous- This is found where all the facial/bath stuff is at Wal-Mart...

Ren- I don't use it on my face as I have a separate scrub for my face (St. Ives), also I think this may be TOO harsh for the face...haven't trie it yet, it may be ok in small portions.

Katleen said...

hi there vanessa.. im a new reader of your blog..
i love reading all your entry..
and im so impress with all your makeup... and im only a newbie with make up..
hahaha i dont even know how do start!...

hahaha i wish you can help me and your blog is really cool,,

are you a filipina?^_^

Tales of a Diva Housewife said...

This looks so yummy - I can't wait to try it and at that price, how could I resist?!

Great post - as always!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter