Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Asian Eyes (Reader Question)

.

Q: Hey Vanessa! I was just wondering application techniques for Asian eyes... my friend's letting me do her makeup for my MAC portfolio but I'm nervous because I've never done Asian eyes before...and I didn't inherit the single eyelid or anything lol so I wasn't sure how to execute this. Thanks!
_______________________________________________________________________________
A: Hi Jamie! Yeah I know what you mean, I see beautiful girls with no creases, and I wonder how they put makeup with the little space on their lids they have to work with. I personally have a crease and a few lines, and my lid space to my browbone is enough space for me. The trick for Asian eyes, is not a lot of eyeshadow, stay away from really shimmery eyeshadows, and use eyeliner to create more definition and give the illusion of bigger, wider eyes.

Here are some tips for gorgeous Almond-shaped Asian eyes:

Asian eyes:
Apply highlighter under the brow. Use light shadow on the inner half of the lid and a darker color on the outer half.

1. Light colors cause the eyes to open, dark colors will cause the eyes to recede

2. If you have very light skin avoid dark shades

3. Be careful with shimmer – they will bring attention to imperfections and wrinkles.

Asian Eye Makeup Tips


1. When applying eye makeup for Asians, it is always wise to remember that you do have options. Using a combination of eyeliner pencil, liquid eyeliner, and eye shadow will always add definition and sophistication to your eyes. Make the most of these items.
2. There are a number of different shades of blacks and browns so eye makeup for Asian eyes does not have to be plain. Why not try an espresso color, or one that has a glint of sparkle in it.
3. Dramatic eye make up application can include adding a touch of color. Asian eyes look great in shades of plum and raisin.
4. Graduating your eye makeup from your eyelash line to your eyebrow will help to give your eyes more depth. For this to look great, you should use the darkest shade along your eyelash line and merge this into lighter shades of color nearer your eyebrow.
5. Another of our Asian eye make up tips is creating different eye shapes. When applying eye makeup for Asians you can use dark colors to minimize the shape of the eyes and light colors to make them appear larger.
6. Asian eyes are very versatile when it comes to color accents. You can compliment your brown Asian eyes by using shades of pale pink. You can also accent your eyes by using gold and rust colors.

And lastly, here's a great eyeshadow & eyeliner trick for Asian eyes...
Since the eyelids of Asian women can seem to disappear when the eyes are open, you can add definition by sweeping a medium-toned shade across the lid & browbone. Dust under the brow with a light highlighter shade to accentuate the brow bone and then use a pencil liner to line the upper & lower lash lines. Make sure line is very fine & natural looking.

Looks great!





2 comments

Anonymous said...

Thaks so much vanessa! I'll try to send you pix of the out come :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks Vanessa!
That helped A LOT!!!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter