Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

.


Just wanna wish you gals (and guys?) a HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I went to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights last sunday which SUCKED this year because we only went in ONE maze because everyone and their mama was there...I wasted my money since we weren't even able to go on anything else after that one maze. We waited in line for OVER 2 hours my feet were starting to hurt. My BF got me a Dodger Dog though, so I was happy haha. But last year was a lot of fun! I am going to try Knott's next year.

I made some boxes for my co-workers that's filled with candy...


I am super sleepy now, and I still have not packed for NY because im lazy. And I know I won't do it tomorrow because Gossip Girls is gonna be on, LOL. I plan on bringing my pro camera to New York and work on my first passion--photography. I am dying to take some shots of the big apple and capture it for what it is, all the bright lights and people. It should be fun and interesting. I really want to start getting back into photography, I am slowly getting the itch again, I just don't have the time to really focus on it. I want to start shooting people soon.

Kiki La Rue
(my new nickname for you)! Hehe, let me know how you like the aquafina facial hydrator spray! I love mine, I spritz a bit on my face and body for a refresher, and spray it on my face before I use my toner.

Candy- Thanks for writing! I know what you mean about the 266SE brush, but mine in particular was just way TOO STIFF to even use to apply eyeshadow or to even fill in your eyebrows. I DID try using it which is why I came to the conclusion that it was just too stiff for me. It wouldn't even bend enough and was too rough on the eyes to even try and apply eyeshadow with it. Also, I already have a similar angled brush to shade in my brows which moves, so there was just no need for me to hold onto it. :( I love most of the MAC brushes in general, mostly their face brushes. For eyeshadow brushes I don't really care because it's the blending brushes that do the trick, so I can use a cheap drugstore eyeshadow brush and work with it.

I had some emails from gals who also bought the brush sets too and it was a bit "cheap" and rough for them too, I guess it just varies from person to person. Also, I did my review based on the BASIC brush set as that is the only one I got. The other 2 sets may work wonders, but mine didn't. I for one love super soft brushes, so I am not picky about the brand, just as long as it doesn't shed, not prickly or scratchy on my face, and does the job.

Which prompted me to make my next post about various brushes and uses. So stay tuned!

Question of the day: Ladies, what are your holy grail brushes?

6 comments

CuttiBeBe said...

I got the Heirloom Face Brush Set. When I asked the SA if the brushes are not as good as the pro/full size ones, she was reluctant in her answer, but basically said, the full size ones will last you a life time, but these ones are made for traveling. hmmm.. I will leave it up to you to interpret that, but I got it regardless, because I wanted the 187 so bad!

Overall, I think the brush sets are too small and pouch that came with it was cheapie. But I like that the brushes are light, so I can control how heavy/light I want the powder to go on. The concealer brush is useless, and I plan on using it as a lip brush ( I don't have one, so any would do ).

My HG brush for face is the BB Blender Brush for blush and bronzer. I use NARS Duo Blush/Bronzer in Orgasm and Laguna. This two work very well together for me and the blender brush does both jobs very well. I use one side for the blush, then the other side with bronzer to buff around my face and swip over the blush, so I don't look like I have clown cheeks.

I am a faithful mineral foundation user. I use the BE Heavenly Face brush (a black flat top) with the EM foundation. BUT! Everytime I wash the BE Heavenly Face brush, there are black and purple dye that bleeds out. At first I thought maybe the brush was just dirty and I washed it till the water ran clear. A week later, I washed it again, OMG, it's even blacker! So I leave that brush alone now, afraid of having weird stuff growing on my face.

I'm going to try the MAC flat top one you recommanded, also I think the Sephora one is pretty nice too, but the bristle part is a bit small.

By the way, Tarte makes this wonderful Duo End Eye Shadow brush for only $24 bucks. I'm not a frequently e/s brush user, lazy being the top reason, but I think this brush is all I need to create a simple look, the hair on the brush is very soft and I think it's worth the price tag.

Love your blog! Sorry for the long comment. =) so glad to see someone loves MMU as much as me.

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween! Those candy corn boxes are so cute.
Have fun in NY and take lots of photos!! Cant wait to see what you capture.
I have yet to find a good brush but I bought the Costco set and I think its a nice set ($22) for those who are just starting off, and it even comes with a brush cleaner. I use the EM Premium flat top brush when I apply my minerals. It use to be soft but now it just scratches.

Ahleessa said...

First of all, I want to say it's so nice of you to give your co-workers a cute package full of candies. :)

This might sound like a foolish question but where do you get the Aquafina at Walmart? Is it in the cosmetic, moisturizer, or water section? I'm kind of clueless because at first I thought the water section *sigh*. :X

Anonymous said...

Gossip Girls episode is old today. Its the first episode.

Vanessa said...

Anonymous- Argh! I forgot! I totally remembered the new shows start November 7th...I can't wait!!! Thanks for reminding me!

B said...

I absolutely love your blog! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one stuck on Essence of Beauty and Sonia brushes! I love MAC too but I agree with you.....these brushes are fab as well! I'm now an active reader of your blog! Keep up the great work!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter