Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, October 8, 2007

Reader Question: Allergic reaction to liquid eyeliner

.

Q: Hey Vanessa!
I just wanted to say I love reading your blog, I read it like a religion, hehe. I've always used a stick eyeliner but decided to change to liquid. I bought Wet n Wild liquid eyeliner in Megaliner. When I put it on I got a burning and itching sensation. I didn't understand why, the only thing I'm allergic to is bleach. Do you have any theories of why this happened? I'm scared to get a different liquid liner now. Thanks!

__________________________________________________________________________________

A: Hi Mary!

I am glad you asked me this because I have the same experience with SOME liquid eyeliners. Prestige liquid eyeliners and surprisingly MAC liquidlast eyeliners give me a burning sensation recently to the point where I find myself scrambling for a makeup wipe to wipe it off because it stings so much! I am not quite sure what causes these allergic reactions, as I don't experience this with my Revlon Colorstay Liquid eyeliner in "Blackest Black", nor do I experience this with my Indelible Gel Eyeliner.

I suggest you give the Indelible Gel Eyeliner a shot if you have a steady hand because it's very soft and creamy, easy to move and use, and perhaps won't cause such a reaction. Also, try using different drugstore brands such as Maybelline or Covergirl and see if those do the same thing, if you purchase from Rite-Aid (not sure what state you live in), but some drugstores have a very lenient return policy in which you CAN return opened makeup items in the event it doesn't work out.

Hope that helps!

2 comments

Anonymous said...

i also had the same experience with the wet and wild brand of liquid liners> it made my lids itchy and buffy and red. but i had the worst reaction yet by using the e.l.f brand of liquid liner that looks like a marker. my eyes blew up, it happend on sat and it is now tue and it has not gone down> even after a steriod shot, pills, and tons of benadryl. hope to find out what it is soon.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter