Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, October 29, 2007

Product Review: MAC 180 Buffer Brush!

.

Overall: 5 out of 5 stars!
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Price: 3 out of 5 stars

Like I have been saying in my previous posts, I have been really eye-ing this brush EVERYTIME I go into the MAC store. The sole reason I didn't buy it earlier was the price ($42 for those without a discount), AND because purchasing this would make it my 6th (or 7th) buffer brush. The difference? This is probably the LAST buffer brush I will ever need because it does the job; has the softest, and I mean SOFTEST bristles in town! I could swear they are soft like feathers! The handle is built so that you can stand up your brush if need be, it has a fairly good sized flat top head perfect for buffering my mineral foundation. I would buy so many brushes from mineral companies only to toss them out because they were made out of animal hair which eventually would smell as well as shed! The only brushes I really truly liked were from Lumiere Cosmetics, however they too did not have any decent sized flat tops...

The packaging is pretty flimsy, comes in a thin plastic tube with a cover, but who really cares since you'll just be too excited and take it out anyway haha...

But I am loving my MAC 180 brush! I love it so much I want to hold it when I sleep (ok, maybe not) but darn close to it! I used it this morning and gosh I just wanted to keep using it because it was so soft! It gave such good coverage and I love how the bristles were of a cream color so that I can see exactly how much foundation I am picking up. (I know some of you hate some of the MAC brushes with the white bristles because they get dirty, or there are some of you that do not want to use it period for that reason!) But this brush is worth every penny, it will last you a long time, and hence I consider to be a good investment, especially since it's a face brush.

I have to say, overall, this is my favorite brush! ;)

7 comments

Stephie said...

wow you make me want that brush :D hahaha ate you're going a little crazy, sleeping with brushes! now you KNOW you're a makeup addict for real :D hehehe i joke i joke! the brush sounds wonderful though, it's going on my wishlist :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found your holy grail of buffer brushes!!!! YAY

Hannah said...

okay so want to get this!!! I purchased my first MSF "New Vegas" and my blush brush doesn't work well. question: are you going to clean it the same as other brushes? Ie i use baby shampoo, warm water, and lay flat to dry.

Kendra said...

Wow, thanks for the great review! I have been pondering about this brush. I wasn't sure what I would use it for but since I also use mineral foundation and you gave it such a rave I'll definitely add it to my list. :)

I use Bare Minerals and the brushes are nice but sometimes I find the bristles to be a little pointy/sharp for lack of a better word, lol, they tend to feel like needles every now and then. Plus they tend to smell bad no matter what I wash them with. :)

So thanks again for the review, I cannot wait to get that brush! :)

Unknown said...

i just bought the 180! i ordered it and im waitin for it to come in the mail!!! so excited!

Luly said...

So, after reading all good commemts I was searching for this mac brush i found it on ebay brand new authentic mac brush 180 for 39.99 plus 2.99 shepping i thaugh it was an excellent deal i got it and was very happy i used every single day and is very soft VERY SOFT is a must have and still can get it on ebay and good luck trying to get an authentic brush they have lost of fake mac brushes!!!! thanks for letting me share this comment my email is luly28bejar8@hotmail.com

Luly said...

very happy to get this brush got it on e-bay for 39.99 but it now item plus 2.99 shipping love it and is one of my favorites good luck trying to get an authentic on ebay lots of fake mac brushes!!!!!!!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter