Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Reader Questions and Testimonials

.

Q: Hey Nessa!!

I just received the MAC pigment samples in the mail today. I was so excited I tried them all today doing different eye looks. Absolutely love the pigments! THANKS so so much!!

I also bought me some NYX eyeshadows and pearl pigments as well online and it came today as well (don't have a store closeby that sells NYX). And can't wait to try them too!! The colors look just as good if not better than MAC brand at way less of a cost!!

BTW, where do you buy your jars to put samples in?? The NYX pearl pigments come in these itty bitty bottles. I would rather stick them in something that my makeup brush can fit into. Can you buy these things at beauty supply stores? Or online?? Curious to know. Also when I do plan on buying the full MAC pigment bottles I'd rather take some out and separate them rather than keep opening up the huge jar and risk letting everything spill!

Joy

_________________________________________________________________________________

A: Thank you! I am so glad you received the pigments and enjoyed them as well. Do a look and share with all of us! I bought my sample jars on eBay, but you can also find them on mineral makeup sites if you don't need that many (as the ones on eBay sell them by the bulk). I also like to use stacks that you screw on top of one another that you can get at craft stores such as Michael's. Also check out my storage idea for pigments, by CLICKING HERE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: I have an eye liner crisis! I used to use a twist up eyeliner, and my problem was that the color was brown, and it wouldn't show up very well, and then it would give a dark circle below my eye when i wouldn't even put the eyeliner there. I would but the eyeliner basically on the little rim on the bottom of my eye, very close to my eyeball. I have recently switched to a black pencil, but sometimes it shows up way too thick. I have tried all the different brands...what do I do?? Also, what do you think of the loreal HIP series? are there any good tips for using it?
Thank you for puting up a website like yours. It is a great resource!

__________________________________________________________________________________

A: If black eyeliner is too dark for you, try using shades lighter than that such as "slate" or "onyx (I use Covergirl gel eye pencils which work great) so it's not so dramatic as a black eyeliner. Also if you want to stick to brown, I HIGHLY suggest using Indelible Gel Eyeliner in "Chocolate Mousse", these eyeliners last ALL day, with no smudging whatsoever, especially since it sounds you usually line the top and not the bottoms, then these are perfect! Application is used with a "push brush", which a flat head eyeliner brush. If you still want to stick to pencils, give Revlon's Colorstay Eyeliners a try, I use them and they last all day as well, no flaking or smudging.

I don't really like the L'Oreal HIP series personally, I bought their duo eyeshdows and didn't like them very much, the colors just weren't for me, I did however purchase their HIP pigments and they are lovely, a decent dupe for the MAC Pigments for you gals on a budget, but I really love the NYX Pearl Mania loose pigments, those are gorgeous!

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter