Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, February 28, 2008

CherryCulture.com Product Review: Eyeko Fat Lip Balm

.

Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5

I love lip balms and virtually every chapstick that can moisturize and soften my lips (and doesn't have a funky smell or taste). Especially around this time of the year, my lips take a beating and become so dry and chapped, at times to the point where the soft skin on my lips start to flake and can be so painful. Usually I opt for chapstick rather than lipstick because I am all about comfort and would rather work on getting my lips conditioned rather than having lipstick on that would further dry my lips.

I had the opportunity to try Eyeko's Minty Fat Lip Balm in “Minty”, and let me tell you how much I love this cute thing! I have always like big fat lip balms because they cover so much more lip area to ensure you get every little spot! The packaging was beyond adorable, it's about 3 inches tall, perfect to take anywhere, it's baby pink with cute designs on it, and has a cap that stays on. I can't tell you how many times my lip balms and other chapsticks get ruined because eventually their caps get loose and don't stay on the stick or the chapstick itself breaking off the stick for becoming too soft or too small, causing them to be more prone to breakage. With Eyeko's Minty Fat Balm, there's so much product- a fat stick of balm- that makes it so sturdy and worth every penny. You never feel like you may be applying too much pressure for it to break. It's also in a convenient twist-up tube.

This lip balm itself is very moisturizing, doesn't have a funky smell or taste at all, it smells and tastes like a nice vanilla mint, and I LOVE the cool tingly feeling it gives you on your lips that tells you it's doing its job! It really stays on your lips so you don't have to re-apply often and I have noticed such a tremendous difference. I have been using it for about a week now and I love how soft and supple my lips feel after using this. The color of the lip balm is a nice sheen baby pink, giving your lips a nice sheer clear pink tint.
There are two other yummy fruit flavors to tickle your fancy: Strawberry and Rapberry, each has their own unique flavor and sheer color. The price however may be a little steep for some, $13 each; which may be pricey for just a lip balm/chapstick, but they give you a lot of product that'll last awhile, and it's really unlike any other lip balm I've tried in which others have had a weird nasty wax feeling. This lip balm has a nice soft natural feeling to your lips I think you'll like!

7 comments

Anonymous said...

wow... this is promising! btw, can i use this before i apply lipstick? usually i apply lipstick then lipgloss on top. my lips are not really dry when i'm at home but in the office it's a different story... i also think the packaging is sooo cute!

Lani said...

thanks vanessa! i've always wanted to try that lip balm as well as the fruit lip pens. thank heavens for your reviews!

MakeupByRenRen said...

the packaging is super cute! oh yes i'm definitely going to have to check this out :)

Anonymous said...

Wowza they are cute, but that price is steep for a lip balm! I hardly even use my chapstick stick. Glad you like it regardless.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

I love cute stubby little things!

Silvi Starfeathers said...

I love eyeko products! But you are wasting your money not getting them straight from eyeko.com since these are only around $6 with free shipping there! Also if you spend $10 UK you can get a free gift with this code: E2451

Vanessa said...

Hi Silvi- The product review was FOR cherryculture.com, therefore I was writing it for them, and not Eyeko.com itself as CherryCulture.com was the one that sent me the product to review. :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter