Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Product Review: Amuse Palette

.

I know...finally right! Sorry, it's hectic in my world, I wish I could blog all day, unfortunately I also have a real job and surprisingly a life, LOL! I actually write my posts in advance sometimes and save it as a draft, then I just publish it one by one. It's much easier that way for me...since I love writing, I just break things into sections. :)

I originally submitted this review for the Amuse Palette to Cherry Culture for my Insider Pick (where you can purchase this palette), but they used the KleanColor Palette article instead, so I thought id write one here.





Product:
4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Color-Payoff: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5

Price: $8 (not including shipping)

What it is: It's a medium-sized eyeshadow palette with a wide range of color, featuring 2 blushes on the bottom, the darker blush can be used for light contouring or bronzing. Also comes with sponge-tipped applicators and a tiny brush (not pictured).

What I like about it: Comes in a variety of awesome colors in a nice easy-to-open compact palette with a mirror. They are VERY pigmented and have great color payoff, yes similar to MAC if not better, it goes on easily to a smooth finish, and stays on too! Seriously the color payoff is incredible for it being only $8! It's also great for traveling or for touch-ups, you can just pop this baby in your purse. I think the blushes are cool too, haven't tried the darker one, but it's matte so it may be nice for contouring or bronzing. The light one gives a nice flush of rose.

What I don't like about it: Each POT is too small for me that at times it's grueling trying to get your sponge-tipped applicator in there or brush to pick up some color, but you adjust to it easily. There's also a perfume/grandma type smell, nothing bad or nasty, just a perfum-y smell, it's just weird to me for eyeshadows to have a fragrance...

Overall:
I like this palette a lot, and it's cheap! You get so many colors to choose from and all for $8, I like how it has a mirror, blushes, and applicators. Makes it a lot easy to use and readily accessible for a gal on the go!

***There are NO individual names for the eyeshadows, so I did it by ROW (L to R).



Palette with FLASH:



Pigmentation:









19 comments

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

great review sistar. i did notice that my smaller sweetheart amuse palettes also had a perfumey smell. i liked it, but maybe i'm just weird like that. LOL! :P i totally agree that the color payoff is good too! :]

MakeupByRenRen said...

hey sis! you swatch so well i tell yah! i love the colors...i think this palette will be perfect for travelling...another great review! psstt i'm in cali right now!

Anonymous said...

That's a great starter kit for someone who just wants wants to try new colors, but is afraid of blowing a bunch of dough. Nice find chicka.

christy kimchee. said...

That's such a good price for all that e/s & stuff. I should seriously shop online more often haha. (:

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

great review! what a bargain for all the eye shadows!

na said...

Wow, that's amazing for $8! Great find! :)

Grayburn said...

Oh wow look at the intensity of the shades! You're so great at sharing these with us!

luv,
Grayburn

Anonymous said...

GREAT review! But sexy mama it's all sold out!!! :'( Lol, might be best actually cuz sista is brokaaa :( <3

Smirking Cat said...

Where do you find Amuse cosmetics? I've never heard of it, but this palette has some great colors.

Smirking Cat said...

Where do you find Amuse cosmetics? I've never heard of it, but this palette has some great colors.

(g)ezebel said...

$8 for all those pretty colors?! *heads off to cherryculture.com*

Anonymous said...

Wow! I need all new eye make up and this could be a great buy for me. Thanks!

Visit our blog at www.fiercefaceblog.blogspot.com !

Xuanie said...

great review! i use to like pallets but then when i do my makeup i tend to go towards all singles so i don't really bother to buy them anymore.

e said...

Aw man! I saw that the other day when I went to order the NYX concealor in a Jar (After reading your review!) but didn't order it bc I'm not a big eyeshadow person, but the colors are so pretty! Too bad it's sold out!

Thanks for the review!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Good review sis. They are really pigmented!

I have drafts up the wazoo too. It's so easy to fall behind, it's scary!

Vanessa said...

Smirkingcat- It's mentioned on my post, I got it from CherryCulture.com :)

Anonymous said...

thanks soooo much. my mom and I may become regular readers of your blog after i found this post. Great job! Us makeup users need people like you out there finding this stuff out for us!
melinacazimero@hotmail.com

Nay Love Bug said...

So I just got my Amuse Make-up Set in the mail and I was super excited! I was a little skeptical about the quality at first but once I saw it up,close and personal I was fine! The shadows are pretty pigmented and they glide on wonderfully and the color range (neutrals, vibrant, and smokey!)is perfect for a beginner like myself I cannot wait to play around with the colors and come up with some great looks! I haven't tried the pressed poweder simply because it is too light but I will be trying the blush! I give this kit an 8.3!

Unknown said...

They don't sell this anymore do they? Looks really nice :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter