Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, February 17, 2008

LOOK-A-LIKES!

.

*Some of you asked about the Oil Cleansing Method whether it's still oily afterwards, it's not for me because I follow it with the Calamine Soap Bar so I don't feel oily, other times a nice fresh hot towel removes enough oily residue yet still keeping your skin moisturized....

There are SO many awesome products out there, that as much as people wanna say "but it's NOT MAC", there are a lot of great "dupes", if not better than the real thing. As much as I love MAC Pigments, their range of color is too basic, and I am just in love with Pure Luxe Mineral Eyeshadows, they are A LOT cheaper, you get only what you need, and they have 3 PAGES full of colors in a wide array of colors, including shades IN BETWEEN colors! My favorites are "Amethyst" (gorgeous lilac purple color with awesome shimmer, its so pretty foiled/wet when paired with my mixing medium) and "Fantasy" (a very pretty taupe with purple undertones).

For the newest MAC Slimshines (which is permanent), AVON.com has their version at an affordable $3.99! Claims to have color and shine, just like the slimshines! I have NOT tried this particular lippie from AVON YET, (I am submitting an order in a few minutes!), so I will definitely let you know how they compare. I currently have "Funshine", "Bare", and "Intimidate" Slimshines from MAC.

AVON GlazeWear Lipstick (Slimshine Dupe), $3.99


MAC Slimshine, $14.50


Missed out on the MAC Holiday Mineralized Eyeshadows? Also from AVON, give these a try! ONLY $4.99!




AVON Supershock Mascara looks similar to Covergirl LashBlast Mascara, $4.99

9 comments

Essy said...

Is the e/s duo from Avon too?

(g)ezebel said...

darn -- now i gotta go buy a cleansing oil AND a calamine soap bar! when i grow up, i wanna look just like Nessa!!! *warm smile*

avon really has come a loooong way with their makeup, haven't they? i'm definitely gonna check out their lippies now.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till you get the Avon GlazeWear. I am not huge on lip products like at all, but I fell inlove with the MAC Slimshines. The moisturize and overtime non-drying of them is fab to me! If Avon has the same moisturizing, long lasting effect then I might have to give them a look. Please do let us know! :)

Reading your blog, makes me broke lol :) <3

jeda21 said...

Thank you for sharing these lookalike suggestions. I have nothing against MAC, but I've "gone off" their mascaras because I just can't get over having to throw them away within 3-4 months for hygienic reasons. Ouch! I can get L'Oreal for much less and equivalent results depending on technique and time available. I think part of the fun in makeup is finding alternatives that work for me, the journey is just as fun as the destination! ;o)

Vanessa said...

_?_: Yes these items are ALL from AVON! :)

Gezebel: Awww haha! Yeah I love their Calamine Soap!

And I agree, AVON has definitely stepped up their game! No longer for granny's! LOL!

Lurve! My love! How are you dear???! And yes I will definitely let you know! I DO love the Slimshines myself so I can understand the pain of wanting to buy ALL the colors, but can't afford to do so! I hope it's really like the Slimshines!!!!!

Jeda21: I agree! I love MAC as well as other high-end brands, but I don't like them because of the NAME, I like brands as long as they can deliver and it does what I am looking for. I love AVON lipglosses and such and saves me a lot of money than pending $14 on a lipstick from MAC! I get like 5 or 6 lippies with that price on AVON and they have nice colors!

roughmetaphors said...

Hi Vanessa!

Thanks to you, I now own 5 jars of Avon Daring Definition Gel Eyeliner in Black and Black Pearl and I am loving it!

I would really love a review of Avon's eyeshadows. ;)

Thanks!

Christina

MakeupByRenRen said...

ohhh great post...a lot of us girls out there can really benefit...makes my wallet happy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa!

I was so excited that I ordered one of the e/s duos from Avon (actually, the one you pictured in this entry), I was supposed to get it last week but I should be getting it this week. Did you see the blush duos? I received the pink duo and, oh my, it is PIGMENTED! Like...super duper pigmented. I have to say, Avon is just getting better and better!

s.chan said...

I've got the Super Shock Mascara and I love it! It's really hard to find mascara that works to my satisfaction, and I love it. My eyelashes look GREAT! haha

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter