Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, February 25, 2008

Reader Request FOTD using Milani's "Mai Tai" Blush

.

A reader requested a FOTD using Milani's "Mai Tai" Blush, so here it is, sporting my new orange and white striped shirt I got at Ross for $6! I love Ross! I go cheap on everything else but makeup (and my family), LOL how sad is that???! But I swear, you can find awesome deals at Ross! I love cheap buys! :)

So I LOVE the "Mai Tai" blush, to me it's a dead ringer for the Hipness Blush, well good enough for me anyway...And I love how smooth it goes on using my new CVS powder brush which reminds me of the Japonesque brush.



What I used:

Face:

- Pure Luxe Erase as my primer
- MAC StudioFinish Concealer NC30
- Silk Naturals Foundation in Buttery Gold

Cheeks:

- Milani Blush in "Mai Tai"

Eyes:
- NYX single eyeshadow in "Golden Orange" (also on outer corners of lower lashline)
- L'Oreal HIP Pigment in "Progressive" on Outer-V and contour
- MAC e/s in "Patina" and "Mulch" on outer V and crease
- Milani "Beach Sand" as highlight (applied dry) and a lil bit of MAC "Your Ladyship" Pigment
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in "Black"
- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

Lips:
- MAC Lipstick in "Curtsy"
- AVON Lipstick in "Nude Pink"
- AVON Lipgloss in "Nude Peach"

16 comments

(g)ezebel said...

ooo, i loooove how your makeup totally matches your orange shirt! sooo pretty..!

wouldja believe i've never seen the barbie collection?! i have a lot of MAC, but my first collection obsession was Fafi. doh!

girrrrl, $6K borrowed off my 401k for the girls. best investment i ever made. LOL..!!

birkinbagbeauty said...

Vanessa, you look really stunning in warmer colors!!!

Linda said...

what is japonesque? i saw that walgreens came out with a brush brand made by japonesque. i was going to try them out since they're on sale this week but my store didn't get them yet.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

matches perfectly sis!

m said...

cute shirt! i can't believe it was only $6!

on another note, can you tell me which nyx l/g is thicker (like lipglass): mega shine or brush on? thanks, ness!

standupforme said...

I have a shirt similar to that at AE and it was like 20bucks. the shirt is really cute though. i like those milani blushes I think all of the colors are really great.

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

I love Ross too! :D Hehe. I buy alot of my clothes there too. LOL! But hey, they have cute clothes at cheap prices man! Whatever works. :D I love the Mai Tai blush on you! I was seriously thinking of getting it after you posted about it the first time on here. But I told myself I'd get it later. But I think I have a mineral blush that is similar to that color already. But I can't remember what it's called. LOL! :D Anywho sis, you look gorgeous as always! I love you in orange, it's such a fun and playful color. Hehe. :D

Xuanie said...

ohhhh i love this look. yeah you must hear me say that a lot about your looks but i honestly do love them! lol very fresh! the blush color really goes well with your skin tone makes your cheeks pop very nicely!

nilla cookie said...

Very pretty as always! Love the lip combo on you - a lovely new look from your gorgeous pinks :)

yummy411 said...

you look great in the blusher.. how cute your sis is! 17 is such a precious age!

Stephy said...

hey nessa! thanks for the email the other day about the MAC paint pots! i might get them later or sth cuz i just spent a crazy $850 CND on fixing my car!! :( thinking about how i could've used those money on makeup and clothes just makes me saddddd...

anyways, u look gorgeous with this look! u look very natural in it! maybe do a quick tutorial on it if u have time?? :D

Krystle said...

This look makes me want summer to come now! Gotta love Ross for great savings, except I hate searching through the messy racks. I love the shirt! It reminds me of something that Stephie would wear!

Bliss said...

I always wanted to try this colour, not sure whether it suits me, but it looks beautiful on you and i love your stripe tshirt :)

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

looking so cute! everything matches hehe.

JANE said...

Warm colors look good on you :) I'm a big fan of stripes. And I must admit, I'm jealous of your cheekbones!

Trend-a-holic said...

Lovely ♥ :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter