Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fafi Event & Product Photos

.

It's been such a LONG day! The adventure started at 1pm, I picked up fellow blogger and real-life friend Anne from her house, we then drove to the Camarillo Outlets to pay a visit to the CCO (see side panel for abbreviation definitions) where we had fun listening to my GPS actually say the street names out loud, LOL. Luckily there wasn't anything worth buying at CCO, so I just came out with a lipstick "Curtsy" which I have been looking for! We then went to Claire's and bought a few things, I bought a cute white summer purse [pic coming soon!].



We then went back a bit early to beat traffic and to avoid being late from the Fafi Event. We got there and the MAC store itself was closed off to the non-invitees, they even had a security guard at the door. A line of people were already forming outside the store. My gorgeous friend Chastity also came to the event. Anne, Chastity and I were really excited! All the MAC girls were dressed in true Fafinette attire, and there was a real-life Fafi doll who was just too cute for words! There were TONS of people in the store, and they had guys serving appetizers and beverages.

I tried to take some swatches, but then my arm started getting itchy (I tell you im allergic to a lot of things), so I had to take it off quickly with a MAC wipe!







If you've never been to a MAC Event before, they give you a list of the products on a piece of paper and a pen, then you just write down the quantity of each item and give it to a makeup artist who will then get you all your items on your list, then you wait for your name to be called and then you just pay for it!

Here are some pics from the event:





And yes her girls were out there! :)








The DOLLS:


Anne's BF dying to get out of there, LOL:


Chastity waiting for her name to be called to be rung up:



Anne is fearful of the Paparazzi:


Look how CUTE the bags are!



In each bag we were given a booklet/poster with a little cd...




There was also a FAFI WALL in which you can tag, so of course I had to leave my mark!






______________________________________________________________________________

FAFI REVIEW:

- From earlier swatches I've seen online (those who saw it early at the PRO store), I was NOT impressed. Either I have similar colors, or they were colors I would never really wear. I gave it the benefit of the doubt though, telling myself that perhaps it'll be different once I see it for myself. NOPE.

This collection did NOT impress me, and based on what I hear from some of you ladies, many of you were not impressed either. I am glad as I saved some money! I ended up walking out with the "HIPNESS" Blush, Paint Pot in "Cash Flow", and "Fun N' Sexy" Lipstick from this collection, yes another PINK lipstick! I am still debating on this lipstick, not sure if I love it or hate it yet. I think I might return it because it has GLITTER, and I HATE GLITTER. I need to stop buying pink lipsticks, LOL. I agree with Christiana, I have a lot of pink lipsticks! I LOVE PINK, so I am hoping Heatherette will satiate me.

I also took advantage of BACK2MAC, in which you give them 6 empty MAC packaging (it can be anything, even depotted eyeshadows), and you get a FREE lipstick, so I also got "Myth".

















***SWATCHES PHOTOS COURTESY OF CHRISTINE FROM Temptalia.com.














38 comments

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

woo hoo! looks like ya'll had fun! :]

Anonymous said...

You know, the only colors I actually like are the rollickin' and fun n' sexy. but their outfits were TOO cute for words!

MrsDiaz said...

OmG..fun times! Yay thanks for inviting me to come with you! I had a blast, now I must go play with my new products hehe!

MrsDiaz said...

Grr..I tried posting a comment and it didnt go through, so I will try again. Thank you for inviting me to come out with you and Anne! I had a blast. I stole some pics as well for my viewing pleasure hehe. Ok I will go play with my new products now!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

OMGGGGG I WAS CRACKING UP ON THE BF'S PICTURE. lol you couldn't have said it any better. LOVE THE CAPTIONS

man i'm glad that chaos was over. omgoodnessssssssss. the things we do for makeup! haha but i really had fun today despite the disappointment of this collection.

i was wondering what happened to your swatched up hand and arm... hahaha.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

OMGGGGG I WAS CRACKING UP ON THE BF'S PICTURE. lol you couldn't have said it any better. LOVE THE CAPTIONS

man i'm glad that chaos was over. omgoodnessssssssss. the things we do for makeup! haha but i really had fun today despite the disappointment of this collection.

i was wondering what happened to your swatched up hand and arm... hahaha.

na said...

Looks like a lot of fun! The Fafi bags are really cute, as is the packaging. The model is cute, but that dress is a little scary, lol.

Glad you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

I must have a Fafi doll!!
Not really feeling the eye colours but that lipstick is lurvely!! xx

Ethereal Prey said...

looks like you had fun! now you're making me want to get the blush too! hee hee!

Ethereal Prey said...

looks like you had fun! now you're making me want to get the blush too! hee hee!

Hannah said...

Fun N Sexy l/s looks awesome on you! I'll play devil's advocate--keep it! Unfortunately I only have counters here so there was no event. (boo) but I saw it just came out online so I ordered Perky, Strawbaby and a doll. I want to check out the Quad 1 (considering I don't have vanilla or pink venus). We shall see!

Thanks for sharing!

Viki said...

To tell the truth, I'm not very impressed with this collection either. The colors are just too bold for me, though I really like Flash N Dash, Strawbaby and High Top, and also the items you bought.

Actually, I think that lipstick is a very nice one: pink suits you well and that particular shade is just so pretty, especially with the blue glitter in it. It's quite unique. Then again, I know how annoying and uncomfortable glitter can be. I'd say keep it girl, but then they're your lips. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's fun! For me, I think Cash Flow is nice but might not get it. I'm torn between Hipness and Fashion Frenzy though. I also want a scarf and maybe a doll! :D

MakeupByRenRen said...

great pics! it was madness at the release party I went too...too bad i didn't take any pics. i spent under my $250 limit thank goodness...kinda disappointed in the products but I pretty much only got what I think I'd use, not sure about the eyeshadows but i'll test them out tonight!

Psalm 23 said...

hey girl,

great pics....I didnt take any at my event, hahaha I got there late 6:30 ish and only had half an hr to look at stuff. I AGREE with your REVIEW 100%....NOT IMPRESSED at all.
I only got: squeeze it lip glass(one for me , one for a friend), cash flow pp which I might return, and fashion frenzy blush which I might return. You think its too bright??

Anyways looks like you had loads of fun!

B said...

Ohhh, the event itself looked like so much fun. Thanks for being honest about the products though. I wasn't big on Fafi except for the packaging. And I loooooathe glitter too. In any form. You look so fab!

Anonymous said...

My "google reader" is flooded of Fafiness blogs from the weekend! Judging from what I've read so far looks like I didn't miss out on too much. Of course you gals are awesome for putting in the effort of making the trip to make and swatching for us, thanks for that!

Thanks much for mentioning the BACK2MAC, I have about a dozen containers I've been holding on for 2 years now and wasn't sure they still do that recycling thing. Cheers, I'm making a trip to MAC this weekend!

Oh and I went to Mervy's last Saturday but most the cute shoes on my size were gone, boohoo! But on my way out I found racks of clothes for "buy one, get two free". I got a dress, a top, and a sweater for $21, I walked out feeling like I just robbed the place. lol. Thanks for the heads up!

che said...

ack, what? i didn't get any booklet/poster with a little cd... i'm a little peeved about that!

The Shades Of U said...

Great swatches and review! I can't wait to get my grubby hands on some Fafis. And poor, poor BF! He looks so lost! =)

Xuanie said...

looks like fun, but chaos. hehe oh and i love your belt its soo pretty where did you get it? its just too cute and im looking for a belt just like that. im waiting to see what the fafi collection looks like in person for me. its hard to tell what one you really like by the swatches even though they are def a good help and ref.

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

the event looked a whole lotta fun! thanks for the review =)
that pink lipstick looks really good on you!

Linda said...

i want that lipstick now! lol. but i have really dry lips. not good for lipstick is it?

Thushaa said...

Great buys. I'm regretting not getting the Cash Flow p/p now. =\

m said...

Ahhhh I can't wait to see you use Hipness blush! I wonder if they are only using the Fafi shopping bags for the release event?

Hmmm... Being a Fafinette might be fun for Halloween!

watercoloursky said...

thanks for the review! i LOVE your outfit btw, esp that belt you're wearing! where is it from?

i'm relieved that its disappointing lol, because my bank account was feeling a bit thin.

most likely i will only get Sassed up iridescent powder, and Rollickin Paint pot.

nilla cookie said...

Wow, looks like such a fun event!

I'm not really diggin' the Fafi collection from what I see and hear, BUT that will not stop me from checking it out and probably picking up a few paint pots. Now those are really pretty!

I really like Fun n Sexy on you, you should definitely keep it :)

Hope you're having a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

wow....that was lots of people, n yah..fafi guy???lolz..
i have question, i'm planing to buy blush fashion fenzy online(we dun have mac store here so i have to buy online), the thing is since u said there's nothing impressed u, i kinda scared..T_T...is that fashion fenzy is really not much?? is it too pink??

s said...

I ended up loving all the lipsicks and the iridescent powders. Unlike you, Im a slut for glitter! hehe :) I was disappointed with the Nice Vice Paint pot. I thought it would be lighter, it was too dark so I passed. And the fafi dolls looked so much larger in pictures, they're so small! It was nice to run into you at the partay! Great post!

Krystle said...

wow! I've never been to a MAC event. This one looked like soooo much fun! Thanks for sharing the experience! It looks like you and Anne had a lot of fun!

yummy411 said...

great event..awww it wasn't what we thought it would be! so what's your verdict... barbie was better??

Psalm 23 said...

hey this is for lyly: I bought fashion frenzy....its NOT too too bad, but you really have to go light on the application. I use 187 to apply it, I might return it though cuz I kinda like more corally blushes...like melba....I really like that one.

middleminder said...

I really like how you not only show us the color on your skin but also wear it on the actualy place that it was intended for. I'm lovin the fun n sexy. SOLD. I'm getting myself one.

L said...

man, i tell you my mac counter sucks :/ i am so jealous of everyone that gets HUGE events like this. ugh!

i can't wait to get my goodies from this collection. i thought i was gonna spend a lot of $$ but as the days keep on getting closer, my list keeps on getting smaller. hahaha.

(g)ezebel said...

i'm jealous! the event pics looked like so much fun!!

keep the glitter lippie -- i think it looks fantastic on you. :0)

Makeupfairytale said...

you have inspired me to start my own makeupblog! :) anddd i also went to the fafi event, but in san francisco. if you want to see pictures, check out my page :)i was also wondering if it would be okay to refer to (and link you of course) on my page if theres a certain tutorial that you did that i want my friends to see. =P

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time.

Thanks for the swatches. I was able to resist so far but your swatches are tempting me!

Anonymous said...

yeah. wasn't really feeling the colors in this line. I do sorta like the cash flow paint pot.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Yah, it was just ok. But I had to get the paint pots purely to satisfy the impulse of those too darn cute glass jars, lol. I have the quad but am thinking I won't use it. But if anything, I"ll just sell it. And the dolls are my investment into the kid's future, lol.

Looks like y'all had fun! I wish I had a buddy to go with. But going solo wasn't so bad either. Just boring in line, lol.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter