Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Salvaging your MAC Lipsticks when it has reached it's end...

.

So you have a couple lipsticks that have already reached the end of it's tube, yet you find yourself holding onto it because there's a lot of product in there, yet your alter ego is telling you to turn it into MAC for B2M (Back 2 MAC- the recycling program in which you bring 6 empty containers for a FREE lipstick, eyeshadow or lipgloss; it could be containers from eyeshadows, pigment jars, even DEPOTTED ones- ANY MAC container you can think of can be recycled, except pro pans).

So here is what I do to speed up the process and get my free lipstick!

Get your lipstick, it will be a lot fuller than this once you've hit the plastic part of the tube, once my lipstick has reached it's end, I was using my lipbrush scraping what I could, hence the hole...(it's MAC's lipstick in "Folio" which has been discontinued)


Take your lip brush or anything clean and small enough to scoop out the contents...


Get a small empty jar or pot (I used a 3 gram jar):


And scoop it in! You can also put it on a spoon and melt it over a flame, THEN pour it in the pot, wait till it cools, so that it's "good as new" and it looks like a brand new lip pot, but I am one lazy gal so I am fine with it looking like that...lol.


Empty tube:


Collect 6 empty ones and you get....a free lipstick, eyeshadow, or lipgloss of your choice!

19 comments

yuck said...

For the B2M you also have the option of an eyeshadow and lip gloss.

Vanessa said...

Thanks Courtney! I forgot to mention that! LOL I always end up getting lipsticks! And as you notice they are all PINK! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Can you send the empty containers in, or do you have to bring them to a store?

Vanessa said...

Hi Lauren- You have to physically bring it into the store, same goes for the PRO stores. I never heard anyone having to send it in? Where would one send it to? Seems interesting to do it that way.

Lani said...

thanks vanessa, i didn't know the tube went THAT deep! lol.

Anonymous said...

Scanty looks so pretty :)

I've just gotten into MAC & only own 5 products, so I'll take me a while to B2M, but thanks for the tip :)

Trisha

Anonymous said...

hey nessa, it's kat again. i had an inquiry about scanty lipstick. is it discontinued or is it a pro product? because i've looked for it all over the place. thanks!

Vanessa said...

Hi Kat! Yeah unfortunately "Scanty" has been discontinued, if you have a CCO near you (Cosmetics Company Outlet) you may still find it as they carry some discontinued items...

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

With the price we pay for this stuff, we sure ain't leaving anything behind, that's for sure!!

I miss you sis. If you find a way to add more hours in the day, please let me know. I'm in dire need of some without having so sacrifice sleep, lol!

che said...

where do you get your empty jars?

Anonymous said...

HI Vanessa.

Just wanted to let you know that I tried to bring 24 depotted e/s to a MAC store a few weeks ago and was told they weren't accepting depotted e/s. I was in shock! I was ready to toss em' out and cry but decided to try my luck at Nordstroms (luckily they had MAC). The MUA at Nordstrom was happy to do the Back to MAC. So either the MUA at the Freestanding MAC store was having attitude (though she seems quite helpful to me)or they changed the policy at the store. Have your readers double check at the store they plan to bring it to so they don't get disappointed, like I almost did!!

Cristina said...

Love your blog! But when I did my first B2M transaction, I could only swap it for a lipstick. I was hoping I could trade it for eyeshadow. But I think if you're in the Philippines, you could only swap it for a lipstick.

Love your other lipsticks, especially Scanty :)

nilla cookie said...

As always, I love your tips! I haven't been committed to any one lipstick for it to reach its end, but now I know what to do when my favorites run out! :)

ilovecheese said...

Good thing about the B2M thing - we'd be stuck with so many used pots etc..Looking at your pics I would have still used the remaining lipstick on the grooves inside the tube hehe..Can't let go of fav shades like that siigh!

MakeupByRenRen said...

good idear! i've hardly used any of my lipsticks enough to get to that point, so i better get on it!

karen said...

Hi I love your blog! So I can just bring in all my MAC empty boxes as well as the empty makeup containers that came in it?

Vanessa said...

Thanks ladies and PeeChee for the heads up!

Karen- You don't need to bring the boxes in, just the empty containers.

Grayburn said...

I've got the Snob lippie as well, how do you like it?

Grayburn

Tapupartforpres said...

I can see that. Nice blog.

Crave Beauty Care Products and Makeup

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter