Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, February 28, 2008

My version of the Sephora Look using MUFE & Product Review

.

So this was my super fast version of the Sephora look, I honestly rushed this look, didn't even take 15 minutes, so it didn't come out as good as I wanted it to IMO (in my opinion), it's also a lot more vivid in person..I didn't have any tiny flowers so I substituted flower stickers I found in my drawer. I also used "Bright Fuchsia" Pigment for the pink flowers, and "Golden Lemon" as the middle of the flower.





Here is a brief tutorial on how to apply these eyeshadows, I used: MUFE Flash Pots in White, Purple, Turquoise, and Coral using a sponge-tipped applicator, I highly recommend when dealing with creams to use a sponge-tipped applicator because the sponge holds onto the color and when you DAB it on your lid it doesn't streak unlike a brush where it will streak.

I started with the Flash Pot in "White", all over the lid up to the brow bone:


I then applied the "Turquoise" in DABBING MOTIONS, since these are a lot creamier than paint pots, they are more slippery, so you MUST dab little by little to your desired coverage of color on your eyelid, this also helps preserve the pigmentation so the color remains vibrant and not dull...


You should get this result, don't worry about blending yet, you will blend later after all the colors have been applied. The reason you do not want to blend in between each color is because it's going to fade each color and you'll find yourself applying more and more of it causing it to crease, so you will blend all the colors at the end.


Then I added the "Purple" on the Outer-V and contour again in dab and pat motions (this was a struggle!)


I applied "Coral" in the middle just because I wanted to use as much of the colors as I can...


Then BLEND LIGHTLY (not shown), don't put too much pressure because you may wipe some of the color off...then voila!

________________________________________________________________________________

PRODUCT REVIEW:

Makeup Forever Flash Pots, Sephora ($17)


Product: 2.5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 3 out of 5

What it is:
Flash Color Pots by MUFE are cream-based, vibrant colors that you can use on the face, eyes, lips, and body.

PROS: These are incredibly vibrant as you can see from my swatches. They come in a wide array of colors, from the simple, basic colors, to the most daring bold colors. More colors are offered with MUFE than the MAC Paint Pots (at least as I write this!), I do not know too many makeup brands (that are at least available to me) that carry something similar, there is also a lot of product in each pot. My favorite colors are Turquoise and Leaf Green.

CONS: The price is insane, $17 each but then again MAC Paint Pots are $16.50, and BOTH give you A LOT of product to last a lifetime. This product creases like no tomorrow! So that is such a big disappointment, I am trying to figure out a way to control it, I tried a paint pot as a base, powder primer, UDPP, STILL creases! I think these make great bases (under powder eyeshadow) or a look using both a powdered eyeshadow and the pots. They would have been PERFECT if they had the same exact consistency and texture as the MAC Paint Pots, as the MAC Paint Pots go on creamy, but dry to a nice powder-like finish. The MUFE Flash Colors Pots are just creamy all the way around, you can apply it and sit in front of a fan and it will still be creamy, it's like it never fully dries to where it will 'stay'. Also when you apply a color and you try to apply another color for some reason the first color will fade a bit, it's THAT creamy, so you always have to re-apply to maintain the intensity of the color.

Overall: I like the color-payoff of these pots, but I do not like the crease factor at all, and I don't even have oily lids! So if I can get around that, then I would definitely purchase it again, if not, then sadly I would have to return some of them just because I don't have patience to really sit there and try to make our relationship work! LOL!

If you look closely at the tutorial pics above, you will see the shine of the "creaminess" and then with all the colors, it looks cakey and "melt-y"...

25 comments

nai nai said...

aww the creasing sucks!! i was so looking foward to this review, sucks that it creases so easily. i already have problems with FLUIDLINE creasing on me! imagine if i wore these haha! newho, u did a great job =]

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, you're right, they do crease. You're right, the only way to really make them work is to use a powder eyeshadow over them. That's what I did at least, otherwise, yah, it gets pretty messy. Le sigh... The gold and silver MUFE are less creasy though. I feel like the texture is different from the others. AND MY GOSH I LOVE THAT LOOK YOU RECREATED! How frikin FABULOUS! Good job.

Lani said...

again, thank heavens for your reviews! lol.

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

I'm loving the face art on you, it so creative!

MUFE flash pots do look very creamy, i don't think i could pull it off. But i like how you blended the colors together, definitely takes skills!

Anonymous said...

wow, you did great recreating this look!

the Muse said...

stunning 'nes!

you look great and you recreated the look awesomely ;)

I wouldn't buy these myself as I firgured I'd have a hard time working with them!

I also find that MUFE eyeshadows, loose powder shadow, etc...all stain my lid. I seriously have a hard time getting this stuff off! holy cow!

Anyway!
You look fab as always!

Love ya!

Bliss said...

Great review, this was a pretty look on you, the greens looks so beautiful on your eyes, you are so talented :). It sucked that the MUFE pot creased so the Mac paint pot is still the best right?

ilurvemakeup said...

Sooo purrty. Ahhh, your site makes me want to buy everything, but problem I'm broke LOL :P Adopt me? I love your creativeness, the flowers are such a nice touch :D

mayaari said...

that's unfortunate about the crease factor - they're such vibrant colors! and nice improv, using stickers instead of artificial flowers :)

Grayburn said...

Oh my gosh! So pretty Vanessa :)
I think I might have to have some play time and try this look!

Thanks for sharing,
Grayburn

MakeupByRenRen said...

hmmm i think that is a good...honest review. makes me think twice b/c i dont have oily lids either...imagine the girls out there who do? it would be a mess! maybe i'll just pick one in a color i really like, thanks once again oh wise one :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Sephora look. This look requires a lot of talent to 'rush' through...and that you have! It looks awesome! Thanks a million for the reviews :)

MrsDiaz said...

This MFE color pots are really bright. But boo to the creasing. Man you are truly talented to put something like that on to recreate the sephora loook. hehe I dont think I could've pulled that off!

Fei said...

Aw, I'm disappointed in the creasey-ness...

Jaclyn Rose said...

wow, ness, that's an awesome rendition. so pretty. and to do it in 15 mins. you got skills girl!

Thushaa said...

Aw sucks that they crease but I have the urge to go out and buy some of them just because they're such pretty colours!

P.S: You look amazing! You totally should be sitting in the middle of a garden! :D

alien man?! said...

ooooh, such pretty colors on the face! and you look like a cute little girl!!!

The 4 Rockstars said...

That look you recreated is so cute!
I couldn't do that even if I tried.

(g)ezebel said...

can i say OH.MY.GOD. enough??!!

OH.MY.GOD. nessa, this is beautiful! you did a superb job recreating the look. :0)

Anonymous said...

omg thats so pretty :)

well, why dont you try patting on some translucent powder on it to *set* the cream eyeshadow? kinna like using powder to set liquid foundation and make it last longer :)

might not work but thats what i do when im dealing with stupid cream shadows. :P ive not got a lot tho.. they always crease a hell lot.

Vanessa said...

Hi Robynne!

Thanks so much! I actually tried everything I could think of and it STILL creases! :(

Anonymous said...

To offer some suggestion, these flash colors aren't really meant for the eyes. They areemollient products, more suited for the face and body. They can be used on the eyes, however it's best to layer them LIGHTLY and use invisible setting powder between layers. Using a lot will just cause them to crease, espcially layering them on top of each other. HTH!

Michelle

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

The vibrancy is amazing but you can also see the creamy consistency of it in the pictures. I can already imagine how much moreso in person. Creasing,.. yikes.

Anonymous said...

great review I was close to buying it, but it looks sort of like that cream halloween makeup that you can get at a costume shop. i don't think i'd have much use for it.

Anonymous said...

WOW...I love what you do and I learn soooooooooooooooooo much please keep up the good, beautiful work and continue to be the beautiful woman you are!!!!!!!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter