Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Reader Question: On Hair

.

I had a reader ask me on the Cbox about my hair and how to make it grow longer, prevent split ends, etc., so Jilly this is for you!

A: I know this may sound silly, but I massage my scalp for like 2 minutes each night, massaging your scalp stimulates the hair follicles allowing it to grow at a decent rate, which explains why my hair grows so fast even if I chopped it all off it would be back at it's long length in about 3 months!

Trim your hair often- to prevent split ends from accumulating causing your hair to look more dead and damaged.

Healthy hair starts from within- Eat a healthy diet, remember that Keratin is essential in healthy hair and nail growth, so start eating foods packed with proteins and amino acids such as dairy, chiken, and even jello!

Use curling irons and straighteners sparingly- Heat damages hair, no matter how low the setting is, causing your hair to be dry and brittle, extracting all the moisture from your locks. If you must use a heating appliance, then use a heat protector spray before you style.

I also like to use VO5 hot oils or something similar twice a week for a little "pick me up", they even have ones that heat up while you are in the shower activated from the steam giving you nice luscious locks!

For split ends, I like Garnier Fructis Anti Split-End Treatment, it's a light-weight cream I use after I get out of the shower to moisturize any frazzled ends of my hair and 'sealing' the hair follicle avoiding split ends. For shine, I like Smooth N' Shine Polishing Treatment as well as John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette. For shampoos, I always switch it up, but anything will do, same goes for conditioner, I like really thick tub conditioners to do the job!



I like to straighten my hair sometimes since I am lazy to do anything else to it...


The best part about photoshoots is having someone glam up your 'do! I seriously wish it looked like this everyday...lol.

16 comments

www.Cosmetic-Candy.com said...

Your hair is beautiful!! *pulls your hair*

I love make overs too *sigh* so much fun...

Nicole said...

You look great! I have that Garnier Fructis Long and Strong too... smells so good :)

Thanks for posting

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE your hair. It's so healthy looking and really sexy.

How do you keep it so long? Doesn't it get heavy?

ilurvemakeup said...

Zomg... you look like you'd be one of those PM Models! If you don't know what that is, it's Prestigious Models for car shows. I have guy friends who introduced me to them, they are GORG! You are overwhelmingly full of hotness... I made a mess on my keyboard again. lol jk! You look great!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

Thanks for the advice, I would love to have long hair like yours one day!!

ChyiX2 said...

You have awesome hair! I read somewhere that if you think dirty thoughts then your hair grows faster too... Maybe that could also be it? I keed I keed! ^_^;

Ethereal Prey said...

the secret to growing long hair! My friend also swears by massaging her scalp too! Don't forget to eat ur flax seed, your fish oil too for healthy hair and nails!

Anonymous said...

sigh, you are too gorgeous for words...

Violet Honeybee said...

You look amazing in that last photo!!

You're making me miss having long hair lol

jfaye said...

heyy vanessa, tysm for postin this =) im gonna try out that product for tha split ends. yu also look gorgeous in yur last photo, luvvin tha curls ;]

Anonymous said...

The last picture is no doubt the work of Katie B, yes?? Haha. I loove how she just transforms me even though it's just hair and makeup.

You look gorg as always (:

Vanessa said...

Thanks MzxJoey! Yup! It's the fantabulous work of Katie B! She is awesome huh? I want to see pics of you that she did! ;)

watercoloursky said...

hey good thing you posted this because i've been slacking off on massaging my scalp.
i have the garnier fructis one in colour resist anti fade, but its almost used up so i'll give that long and sleek one a try since your hair looks so gorgeous :)

The 4 Rockstars said...

Thank you for that tip, I have the lucky genetic of having my hair grow fast..but if I massage it every night..maybe it'll grow even faster? xD
You seriously inspired me to have long hair again...xD

Anonymous said...

Hey Vanessa! I'm going to massage my scalp tonight, thanks to you! I want my hair to grow because I miss my long hair.. so thanks for the tip!

Lovevashares said...

wow! u look like a SUPERMODEL nessa! u look like u could be one of those IMPORT MODELS, without having to look have naked. haha.. pretty!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter