Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Product Review: Physician's Formula Organic Tinted Moisturizer

.

Product: 3 out of 5 stars
Packaging: 4 out of 5 stars
Overall: 3 out of 5 stars
Price: Ranging from $9-$12

What it claims:

100% Free of Harsh Chemicals. 100% Free of Synthetic Preservatives. 100% Free of Parabens. 100% Free of GMO's. 100% Free of Synthetic Colors. 100% Free of Synthetic Fragrances. 100% Cruelty Free.

* Lightweight tinted moisturizer hydrates skin and evens out skin tone with sheer and natural coverage.
* Infused with Organic Fruit Water to help nourish and restore skin’s moisture balance.
* SPF 15 naturally protects skin from environmental damage for a healthy-looking complexion.
* A 100% natural origin tinted moisturizer, formulated with 80% certified organic ingredients, including jojoba seed oil, sunflower seed oil, avocado oil, and shea butter to moisturize the skin.
* Available in 4 shades: Ivory to Fair, Fair to Light, Light to Natural, & Natural to Tan

INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.95% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS FRUIT WATER*, WATER, ALCOHOL SD*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS SEED OIL*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA OIL*, LECITHIN*, CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL*, TALC, TITANIU, DIOXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII*, OLEA EURPOAEA FRUIT UNSAPONIFIABLES, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER*, ALGINIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL WHEAT BRAN GLUCOSIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDRATED SILICA, IRON OXIDE, XANTHAN GUM. *PRODUCED FROM ORGANIC FARMING

PROS:
It smells really nice, usually a nice smell isn't something you'd really expect from something organic (i've tried organic toothpaste, etc.), it smells like a normal moisturizer, it's light-weight, doesn't give you a thick-heavy feeling on your face, can give you a nice natural look when you want to have a no-makeup day but still want your face to be moisturized. Also has SPF15 which is perfect for the summer, protecting it from harmful rays and prevent signs of aging. The packaging is cute, it's "organic" (har har), but seriously I love the simplicity of the packaging, that "hemp" kind of style. I think this product is great for any skin type (dry, oily, normal) since it doesn't have all the other bi-products in normal foundation, but with any product, always use with caution.

CONS: It comes in a squeeze tube which is fine, but the way they made it, the liquid can ooze out at anytime causing a big mess! There's also that potential of losing the cap in which case I would prefer if the cap was attached somehow or more like those caps where you just twist it to the left or right to open or close to make it ideal for traveling. The coverage is nice and natural, however you have to apply it using your own method because if you apply it using your hands (like you would with a normal moisturizer) you'll notice tiny streaks on your face since it's not applied evenly, so I suggest using a wedge sponge to dab it for better, even coverage.

You might like it if: You naturally have really nice skin and prefer to not wear foundation or makeup but just want some flawless coverage to even out the skin, or for those who want to wear something light under foundation for a bit more coverage or for the airbrushed look. Also, you may like this if you are into organic products.

You might hate it if:
You have acne or pimples currently on your face, as your pimples will draw this product in possibly causing rings around your pimples making them worse or more noticeable, have not time to sit there and work at making it even on your face.

Overall: This product was ok, I would perhaps buy it again, but I don't use tinted moisturizers (just my personal choice), so I may not have an interest in using another one, but I definitely recommend it to anyone that wants to try something new, that's "natural", and especially for those who just want natural coverage and those who don't want to wear any makeup or foundation.

9 comments

jeda21 said...

Because of all the natural oils and even a butter being mentioned in there somewhere, I'm going to pass. I can't risk aggravating my oily and congested skin!

Thank you so much for reporting on this product as it caught my eye at the drugstore the other day. I really appreciate your blog and I read it at every post on my Google Reader! Keep up the great work! :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this! I currently use a tinted moisturizer right now (Tarte Smooth Operator SPF 20) and was wondering how this was.

Do you mind posting a picture of you wearing it for finish comparisons?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your review! If you don't mind, can you post a picture of you using it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative review listing the ingredients. The word 'organic' in the product name is very misleading after reading the ingredients since only 80% is 'organic'. The wonders of marketing. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the review! I've been waiting to find a review for this product for the longest time :)

Vanessa said...

Thank you Jeda!

Titty and Anonymous- Yes I will post a pic soon, I was going to include it in this post but didn't have time to take a pic or half face shot...so ill post one soon!

Anonymous- I know right! The things companies do so that you shell out money!

You welcome Incandescent!

Anonymous said...

I purchased the pressed powder in medium tone and I really do not like the result. It gives a caky look and the colour makes my face look dirty. I really would not recommend it. I'm still searching for the perfect organic make-up.

Keedah said...

I wanted some recs on tinted moisturizers and immediately searched your blog! My skin is pretty clear but I just want something to even out the skin tone a little. Ill try this out.

Unknown said...

I was excited about the organic aspect of this product, but I really found this to be a poor product...the streaking you mentioned was a major issue for me.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter